Covid-19 Precautionary Measures:
Advanced Therapies FL is committed to supporting the health and safety of our patients. As a response to the widespread concern surrounding COVID-19, we are taking action to ensure that we are providing a safe environment for our patients. We plan to stay open and operate in full capacity, unless otherwise directed by the government or health officials.
We are taking steps that both satisfy and exceed the guidelines from the leading health organizations. Therefore, we are implementing the following steps:
- Thoroughly wiping down all surfaces in the treatment rooms with disinfectant after each appointment. All sheets and towels are replaced after single use.
- Stocking hand sanitizers throughout the offices. All patients are asked to use hand sanitizer or wash their hands immediately upon entering the clinic.
- Continuous operation of air filtration units. These units use PECO filters, which are capable of destroying viruses and other pathogens in the air.
- Ensuring that only one patient is in the treatment room at any point in time. Our appointment scheduling protocol has been revised to increase the gap between appointments. To assist in accomplishing this, we ask that you do not arrive more than ten minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Not treating patients who meet the following criteria:
- Currently have any of the following symptoms: Fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or other flu-like symptoms. This excludes people who have a known condition, such as allergies, where a symptom has been chronic and long-lasting.
- Have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Have traveled outside of the United States in the previous 14 days.
Guidelines to follow as suggested by the CDC are listed here https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60%-90% alcohol if soap and water are not available. COVID-19 can transmit through both respiratory droplets and via stool, so careful handwashing is critical.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw it in the trash can. Cough or sneeze into your elbow and not your hand if you do not have a tissue available. If you contaminate your hand and then touch other objects, you will spread the virus.
- Stay home when you are sick with respiratory disease symptoms. At the present time, these symptoms are more likely due to influenza or other respiratory viruses than to the COVID-19 related virus.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay hydrated. Water is at the foundation of our health. Clean/filtered water consumed regularly helps keep our whole system functioning optimally, including our immune systems.